We went to a Cival War reinactment over the weekend, which I thought would be the worst day of my life. But, it turned out to be really fun and I look forward to going next year too.
Here are the kid's reaction to the fun. Lilly screamed to go home and clung on to Papa for dear life. He actually had to carry her away from the battle and hang out in the 'camps.'
Meanwhile, Lex was smiling and having a good time. He only flinched a little when the cannons went off.
And keep in mind I had totally done my hair that day, but it started pouring so the humidity made me go ahead and put it in a pony-tail anyways. Thats what I get for trying to look nice.
Our neighbor, one of the cannon operators, gave us a personal tour of the camp, complete with stories and a suggestion that Nathan get in on the reinactment fun.
13 comments:
Was Isabella really that small once? He's sooo tiny! What is Lilly not afraid of?
Maybe Lilly would like a Renaissance Fair better. There's costumes there, too.
That actually looks like fun. I see Nathan "performing" there some day.
Lilly doesn't like loud. Remember she used to cry when the dogs barked in the same room...guess she can't hear her own screams, 'cause they are loud too! But still cute!!
How do you guys hear about this stuff? Indy 500 balloon thing, civil war reenactment. Brad and I are total bums of parents. Okay, gotta go nap. Love yous!
Lilly is NOT afraid of horses!
And quoting that 'Funny, sunny hubby of mine', :"Who brings a baby to a war?"
Aidan would LOVE the cannons! We'll have to try to make it down there next year to see it! That's awesome!
he would say that! too funny!
ps michelle, you are looking great, but Brad and I both want you to smile with your teeth!!!
I reserve teeth smiling for Santa Clause pictures only. ;)
Maybe I'll get braces and then not have to worry about my teeth
You never had braces?! Your teeth are amazing! Believe me, you don't want the pain.
You don't get braces, you went to Europe remember?
Nice one mom. That's right.
so that was the trade-off. you got a trip to europe, smile with teeth dammit!
So it's not just your son who tells half-truths about the past, eh Mom? It's also your daughter. I thought she was just not loved as much as her braces-wearing siblings... Hmm.
Post a Comment