3.22.2009

Happy Birthday to Me 03.22.09

Baby Boy finally arrived this morning! We still have no name for him, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Everything went great, no problems. I started feeling contractions a little after midnight on Sunday (Saturday evening). Poor Nathan had just gone to bed when I told him it was happening. At around 2 we headed to the hospital, and just to be mean, Nathan took the wrong exit! It must have taken an extra 5 minutes to get to the hospital, I could have killed him! He claims it was an accident, but who knows...
I got my epidural around 3, and actually was able to take a 2 hour nap. It was around 6 when Nurse Natalie, the same nurse who helped deliver Lilly, said it was time to start pushing. I pushed once (and hardly even pushed) when they said to stop to call the Doctor. Well, God must have heard my prayers about an easy delivery, cause once the Dr got there, he said not to push at all, the next contraction would push him out on its own, and it did!
And that was it! I feel great, hardly any pain at all! All in all, it took less than 6 hours, and half of it was me sleeping!
The baby is totally healthy, albeit a little tiny compared to behemoth Lillian when she was born. He's 19.25" and 6.6 lbs. Totally adorable, no 'just-been-born' puffiness. And sweet as can be! We love him!!!

This is Nurse Natalie. She helped deliver Lilly and is THE BEST nurse ever.

9 comments:

Larimer said...

What a cuite. I love him. did you bring your own afgan?

Logan Family said...

Yep, thats my afgan. It makes the room feel more like home.

Larimer said...

but I was going to make him a hat and a blanket and some new cloth diapers. I thought I had all the time in the world! I better stop by the fabric store on the way home.

Reg said...

Congrats!!! That's crap how small he is! Isla was 22 inches and almost 9 pounds. There was definite pushing involved with 9 pounds!

Jennifer said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU, AND NOW FOR ME TOO!!! Seeing your little boy makes me want mine NOW! He's so beautiful and you're right, no ugly baby squishiness and puffiness. And you knwo me, I'll tell you if he's ugly!!!!!! HE'S SO AMAZING AND I WANT TO BE THERE AND HOLD HIM AND KISS HIM!!!

Jennifer said...

HENRY, PICK THE NAME HENRY! Brad won't let me use it for baby Junior!

Matthew Willey said...

Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you. I love the quiet and no so quiet pictures.

Nick's Mom said...

Well, we already used Nicholas, but it is a great name. Forget Henry - - - PICK NICHOLAS!!!!!!!!!

Tino said...

What a prince! Perfect match to your princess:)

So, I think you should go with Charming for his name. Or Eric, Phillip, Adam, or Ali. It depends on what kind of prince you want him to be! A Beast with a kind heart? A rags to riches kind of guy?